Ships in 4 - 5 business days.
Pre-cut into equal halves so it can ship ground, instead of freight. Please contact us for special cutting requests. Because the rails are pre-cut, we do not accept returns and our "Exchanges or Returns" policy does not apply, except for damaged/defective items. This item includes the rail only. Additional parts shown in Rail Picture Description are not included.
See also uncut rails that ship freight: UniRac SunFrame Rail, Threaded 192 Inch
Unirac’s SunFrame system leads the PV market with its superior aesthetics. Its sleek design is engineered to sit low to the roof without gaps and implements shared rails for the best value.
SunFrame is also the choice of solar experts as an optimal solution for custom carport structures. It's accompanied by a technical support system that provides complete installation and code compliance documentation, an on-line estimator and design assistance to help you solve the toughest challenges.
Splice your UniRac SolarMount Standard Rail, Clear, Pre-Cut halves with the UniRac SolarMount Splice Bar, Serrated Clear 303001C
- Modules are flush mounted in low-gap-free rows
- Visible components match clear or dark module frames
- End caps cover rail cross-section
- Optimized module performance, system spacing allows convection cooling
Ease of installation (flexible)
- Installer-friendly components (manage modules hands-free)
- Minimized penetration with longer attachment spans than competitive products
- Designed with customer input
- 210192C: 192 Inch rail cut equally into 96 Inch halves
- 210192D: 192 Inch rail cut equally into 96 Inch halves
Rail picture description:
1. Rail: Supports solar panels. Use one per row of panels plus one. Shipped in 8- or 16-foot lengths. 6105-T5 aluminum extrusion, anodized (clear or dark bronze) to match solar panel frame.
2. Cap Strip: Secures solar panels to rails and neatly frames top of array. Lengths equals rail lengths. Cap strips are sized for specific solar panels. Shipped in 8- or 16-foot lenghs. Predrilled every 8 inches. 6105-T5 aluminum extrusion, anodized (clear or dark bronze) to match solar panel frame.
3. Rail Splice: Joins rail sections into single length of rail. It can form either a rigid or thermal expansion joint. 8 inches long, predrilled. 6105-T5 aluminum extrusion, anodized (clear or dark bronze) to match solar panel frame.
4. End Caps: Use one to neatly close each rail end. UV resistant black plastic.
5. L-Foot: Use to secure rails either through roofing material to rafters, to L-foot adjusting sliders, or to standoffs. Use no less than one L-foot per 4 feet of rail. 6105-T5 aluminum extrusion, anodized (clear or dark bronze) to match solar panel frame.
6. L-Foot adjuster slider(optional): Use one beneath each L-foot or aluminum two-piece standoff, except in lowest row. 6105-T5 aluminum extrusion. Sliders allow easier alignment of rails and better snugging of solar panels between rails. Includes 3/8 " x 1 1/4 " bolt with flange nut for attaching L-foot or standoff shaft, and two 5/16 " x 2 1/2" lag bolts with flat washers for securing sliders to rafters.
7. Flattop standoff(optional): Use if L-foot cannot be secured directly to rafter (with tile or shake roofs, for example). Use one per L-foot. Two-piece (pictured): 6105-T5 aluminum extrusion. Includes 3 /8 " x 3 /4 " serrated flange bolt with EPDM washer for attaching L-foot, and two 5 /16 " x 3 1 /2" lag bolts. One-piece: Service Condition 4 (very severe) zinc-plated welded steel. Includes 3/8 " x 1 1/4 " bolt with lock washer for attaching L-foot. Flashings: Use one per standoff. Unirac offers appropriate flashings for both standoff types.
SunFrame is covered by a 10-year limited product warranty and 5-year limited finish warranty. For specific details, download the SunFrame Code Compliant Planning and Assembly manual from our Installation Manual links above.