Ships in business 4 - 5 business days.
Morningstar’s ProStar is the world’s leading mid-range solar controller for both professional and consumer applications.
This second generation ProStar:
- Adds new features and protections using highly advanced technology
- Provides longer battery life and improved system performance
- Sets new standards for reliability and self-diagnostics
- 15A at 12/24 VDC
- Digital Meter
- Negative ground
- May be used in parallel for higher current
- 5 Year Warranty
- Estimated 15 year life
- PWM series battery charging (not shunt)
- 3-position battery select: gel, sealed or flooded
- Very accurate control and measurement
- Jumper to eliminate telecom noise
- Parallel for up to 300 amps
- Temperature compensation
- Tropicalization: conformal coating, stainless steel fasteners & anodized aluminum heat sink
- No switching or measurement in the grounded leg
- 100% solid state
- Very low voltage drops
- Current compensated low voltage disconnect (LVD)
- LED’s indicate battery status and faults
- Capable of 25% overloads
- Remote battery voltage sense terminals
- Short-circuit — solar and load
- Overload — solar and load
- Reverse polarity
- Reverse current at night
- High voltage disconnect
- High temperature disconnect
- Lightning and transient surge protection
- Loads protected from voltage spikes
- Automatic recovery with all protections
Morningstar String Calculator
The Morningstar String Calculator will help you decide how many PV modules you may use in series and parallel with a Morningstar charge controller.
Skid mounted 520W solar power systems power satellite terminals used for pipeline monitoring and control in North Texas.
Morningstar's ProStar-15M solar controller is a component of the award-winning WE CARE Solar Suitcase. The suitcase is a portable power unit that provides health workers in remote locations with highly efficient medical lighting and power for mobile communication, computers and medical devices. Photo courtesy of Dr. Laura Stachel, We Care Solar.
Home system application, illumination, refrigerator using a Morningstar ProStar 30M. Customer is OTTOWATT di Fabio Ottavi. Courtesy of Heliant SRL.
Electrification of three schools in Benin utilizing a ProStar solar controller.