Ships in 5 - 6 business days.
By converting to EIA-485, the RSC-1 allows up to 128 Morningstar products to communicate on the same communication bus and over much greater distances.
Typical configurations include:
- Networking several TriStar and/or TriStar-MPPT controllers
- Adding Morningstar’s PC Meterbus Adapters (MSC) for use with an RJ-11 port in multi-device networks
- Adding Morningstar’s Relay Driver to a network
- Integrating any compatible Morningstar product into an existing EIA-485 network, such as those used by industrial control or SCADA systems
All data is transmitted in the form of MODBUS protocol. This industry standard was chosen for its robust design and high level of compatibility with a variety of equipment. Each Morningstar product has its own MODBUS specification (see our website for full details) that covers the data available from each products specific functions.
Key Features and Benefits
- Removable four (4) position EIA-485 terminal
- 9-pin RS-232 connector (male)
- Status LED for monitoring and diagnostics
- Molded tabs for attachment to 35mm standard DIN rail
- RS-232 ribbon cable (not shown) with low-profile connectors